Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Fingerprints: Animal Collective Listening Party



I just got on the Fingerprints mailing list, and received an email for the new Animal Collective's Merriweather Post Pavilion listening party and raffle to buy the limited edition vinyl at Fingerprints tonight and since we never go out, I thought it might be a fun, free night for Mr. Mod and I. Ice Cream Man was there, handing out delicious icy treats and Fingerprints was passing out pizza, while we listened to the album, which I enjoyed, but Mr. Mod said was too Pet Sounds. (Mr. Mod doesn't really listen to music made after 1978.) I tried to get tickets for the Thorns of Life show on 1/23, but Fingerprints is sold out. Rats!! I've loved Blake (or is that Dr. Schwarzenbach?) and Jawbreaker since 1990 (wow, am I that old?!?) and a longtime reader of Aaron Elliot's Cometbus, so I was really looking forward to seeing this new project. I guess I'll just have to be satisfied with this:


Shucks, this makes me feel like a kid again.

Fingerprints, I had a really nice time tonight. oh, hi Eric.

No comments:

Post a Comment