Friday, September 26, 2008

Long Beach Certifed Farmer's Market!

Thoroughly enjoyed my first time visit to the Thursday Long Beach Uptown Certified Farmer's Market q 3-6:30pm, located in the frontage road at Vons on Atlantic and 46th. I usually go after church to the Farmers Market at the Marina, but would rather not feel pressured to race across town, so this was a nice change of pace.

Come for the 5pm produce raffle - tickets are FREE! I won a gorgeous bouquet, winning ticket #180!

Long Beach Farmers Market


I also bought several bags of peaches, plums, tiny red potatoes, various squashes, and radishes, for under $20. Long Beach Farmer's Market info can now be found at their new website: www.goodveg.org. I think the Thursday night market produce is priced a little more reasonably than during the weekend and the community vibe is very welcoming.

No comments:

Post a Comment